Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
Puzzled by the tax law or which credits and deductions to take? Need assistance with your tax return? Our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is here to help.
The VITA Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. Certified volunteers receive training to help prepare basic state and federal tax returns.
In order to process your tax return promptly, you will need to bring the following items with you at the time of your scheduled appointment:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Form 1095 A,B, or C (insurance verification).
For more information, please contact: Alison Vaught, 937-341-5000 extension 138. firstname.lastname@example.org